Sunday, November 30, 2008

After a rainy week, we can finally ride again

The bad weather coincided with the first cold I have had in ages, so I didn't miss out on any rides this week and today, I finally felt well enough to make the drive down the hill to join up with the Bike Buddies. I got to ride with Jeannie again today, and a friend of her's named John. He was a very strong rider.

I rode my $40.00 Gios Torino today and had a good time on it. On the level parts, that bike just flies.

As we rode around South Grade, Hector got a flat tire. We stopped for him and who do I see right across the street from us but "lostguy". Since he is the guy who got me back into riding, I introduced him all around to the half dozen of us who were lending "helping" Hector fix his tire.

Here is the Profile of our ride today:



And here is the chart from my heart rate monitor:



I have no idea what all those little squiggles mean, but it looks like I'm working pretty hard most of the time.

It was a beautiful day after the morning chill burned off. I was grateful to be able to talk to Mike after the ride. I appreciate his kindness and moral support.


No comments: