Saturday, November 15, 2008

Another fun ride with the Bike Buddies group

I met up with the group in the Ralph's parking lot, and since I was finally feeling better, I was more outgoing and effusive in my conversation. Steve showed up wearing a racing outfit sent to him from Europe. He is secure enough in his masculinity to wear purple and pink, and that is a good thing, because he sure got teased by the other guys.

We did the usual ride up Dehesa Road, then north on Tavern, but this time we rode to Arnold and coasted down it. I was behind another, more-cautious ride, so I didn't get to go as fast as my bike wanted to go down Arnold. Once we got to the Harbison Canyon road, I stood up on the pedals and passed up Steve and two other guys in order to be first going down that steep road. Once I got going 42 miles an hour on that road. I think I might have gotten going almost that fast today.




No comments: