Sunday, November 2, 2008

In the beginning, it was a gorgeous day

It really was a gorgeous day when I set out on Skyline Truck Trail heading for Four Corners. At that intersection, I turned north on Lyons Valley Road. Once the views opened up when I reached the valley, I could see even more of the awesome sky and clouds.

I rode to the Japatul intersection, where some other bikers were just arriving after riding up Japatul. By then, the clouds had rolled in and the temperature dropped. I rode back with two people who didn't have jackets and needed to keep moving.

We had a great ride, and if the GPSr recorded my speed correctly, I got up to 44 mph at one point going down the hill after the Horsethief Canyon staging area.

Here is a portion of the profile of my 20-mile ride. I don't know why the GPSr didn't record the trip back up the hill from Four Corners . . .




No comments: