Tuesday, December 2, 2008

A ride from fog up into bright sunshine

It was overcast and very cool when we started out from the Starbuck's parking lot at 8:00, but with just a bit of elevation gain, we were in the sunshine and clear skies accented with a few very high clouds. Jim, Frank, and Steve set a very fast pace going out Willow Glen Road and I could have used my new fleece earmuffs I bought a couple of weeks ago.

The profile of my ride looks familiar because I stopped at the Starbuck's where both "Sit-down" Steve and Tom were stopping. The faster, stronger men continued out East Willows Road.



This is what the heart-rate monitor recorded for today's ride:



Coming back I didn't have to work very hard because I was drafting behind Jim. There was one heck of a headwind and I was never tempted to take the lead after my "first place finish" going down Harbison Canyon.

I felt better today, back to the way I felt two months ago when I first started riding with this wonderful group of people. I hope they know how much I appreciate their company. Their friendships mean a lot to me. It has been wonderful to expand my social contacts since I met them in September.

No comments: