Sunday, September 6, 2009

A lazy Sunday morning ride

After watching one of my favorite TV shows, CBS's "Sunday Morning," I put on my cycling gear and took off, this time on the Mako. Although I ate breakfast, I got very weak and shaky during the ride. I drank my green tea with ZipFizz and that got me home, but next time I'll take some raisins and almond with me for some a quick glucose and protein hit.

The sky was blue, but the views were hazy during today's ride. There weren't as many motocyclists on the road, and those that were riding had normal bikes instead of the crotch rockets the guys ride at 80 mph.

On my way back, it was a good thing I maintained my line and didn't have to avoid something in the road because, even though I monitor my rear view mirror frequently, I was surprised by a car that zoomed past me going 100 mph. I'm not kidding. It was a sports car, but it came up and went past me so fast, I didn't get make or model, much less a license plate number. I would have been a goner if I had moved into that guys path. Even at that speed, on an empty road, he didn't give me a lot of room.

I rode just a few feet further today than yesterday. Hers is the Profile:


No comments: