Tuesday, September 8, 2009

The Border Patrol was very present today

Today I rode the Bianchi, the bike I just put DuraAce parts on I took off the McMahon. Even though the gearing is very high for the hills around here, that bike feels like a race horse. It wants to go fast, and does, except uphill. On the Colnago two days ago, I got up to 41 miles per hour. Today on the Bianchi, I got up to 44.5 miles per hour. With a bit of a crosswind, it was scary and before the descent was over, I started braking.

At the Four Corners intersection, there were several Border Patrol vehicles. Then, just past that intersection, I saw two cyclists, one riding a recumbant, the other riding a mountain bike. I talked to them for a little while. They commented on my Nashbar cycling sandals, which I really like.

Along the rest of the route, the road was deserted, except for a few dark-colored trucks, and more Border Patrol vehicles. Near the Lyons Valley/Japatul intersection, there were more Border Patrol vehicles stopped, including a Hummer. Finally I saw two helicopters flying overhead.

They were sure prepared for something.

The route I took was the same as yesterdays:



No comments: