Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Wow, what a day for a ride

This October has been hotter and drier than any I remember and today was another hot day, but it was perfect for our morning bike ride. We took off from the parking lot almost on time, but Pete wanted to secure my GPS unit better, so the two of us fell behind at first. I caught up to the group, but lost them again and so I pedaled by myself except when Deanna joined me for a short while.

The Dehesa hill went by easily today because I was talking to Christina most of the way up that grade that is perfect for pedaling and conversation, unlike some of the grades going up Harbison Canyon where I can only huff and puff like the character in the wonderful French film "The Triplets of Belleville."

We stopped at the Starbucks and visited for a long time before heading back down through oven-like heat, even during our fast descent on Dehesa Road at 36 mph. Here is the profile of our ride:



After the ride, Steve, B.J., Tom, and I visited at the RSD Starbucks and I even braved some conversation about politics, in particular, Proposition 8, a proposition I feel is mixing religion with government, something that shouldn't be allowed . . .


No comments: