Saturday, October 25, 2008

A very quick Saturday ride

The Bike Buddies group was sponsoring a race at the Velodrome, so only a few people showed up for the Saturday ride including Steve, Rich, and Fax. A few others on the "A" team were also there, but they were doing the "Great Western," a ride from RSD up Dehesa to Japatul Valley Road to Lyons Valley Road and then back to RSD down Skyline Truck Trail and Jamul Dr.

I had my "Vintage" bike, but even with my other bike, I couldn't have gone on that ride, not unless I wanted to ride by myself, since there is no way I could have kept up with Pete and the others.

So, after visiting for a while in the Ralph's parking lot, our little group finally got started. I had a hard time with my Crank Brothers eggbeater pedals and the cleats on my new-to-me Sidi Mountain bike shoes.

We only rode to the top of Dehesa Road and back down, so the profile is quite dramatic.



After the ride, Steve and I recovered by having some tea and coffee outside the coffee shop. He told me about his friend Angel who has a motorcycle shop in National City and who knew the real person Anthony Hopkins plays in the wonderful movie, "The Fastest Indian in the World," a movie I highly recommend to everyone.

No comments: