Monday, October 27, 2008

A "little" ride to Jamul and back

I needed to exchange something at the hardware store, so I decided to ride the Gios Torino down to Jamul and back. Getting there was great fun, but getting back up the hill, sometimes at less than five-miles-per-hour, was a struggle. Without the extra gears my old mountain bike, and my newer road bike, have, I really had to pedal hard, something that probably wasn't that good for my old knees.

Here is the profile of today's short ride.



I had trouble with the eggbeater pedals again today, so I'll switch out those pedals and try out the Shimano DuraAce pedals I got at the Velodrome Bicycling Swap Meet a week ago. I can do that now that I exchanged the too-big allen wrench at the hardware store for one I hope is the right size . . .


No comments: