Tuesday, August 11, 2009

A solo ride back from Alpine

For the past 11 months, I have enjoyed riding with my Tuesday/Thursday group. They motivate me to wake up early and ride more than 30 miles each of those days. If my presence with the group was not entirely welcome, at least it was tolerated with civility.

Until today . . .

One of the other riders reamed me out for something I apoligized for, and for something that happened two months ago that I had no control over.

So, rather than continue to defend myself, I left and rode back by myself.

It looks like I'll be riding alone for a while now. Here is the profile of today's long, looping ride through El Cajon and up old Highway 80 to Alpine, a ride during which Larry and I stopped to pick up coins and other treasures we saw on the pavement.

No comments: