Tuesday, September 9, 2008

My first ride with the Tuesday/Thursday group

Last week I met a man named Pete at the great World Cycling bicycling shop in Casa de Oro. He told me several people ride every Tuesday and Thursday morning, so I showed up in the parking lot in front of the RSD Starbucks at 7:30 in the morning, expecting to see Pete there.

He wasn't.

I asked the small group if they minded if a newcomer joined them. They said "No." so I got my bike out of my car and joined them as they talked about where to ride. They decided to make the big loop out Willow Glen, up Dehesa Road towards Lyons Valley Road and back down Jamul Drive from Jamul.

I had to give up at the top of Dehesa Road because the bike saddle was so uncomfortable, so my ride was only 30 miles, according to the Trip Computer on my bike.



I had a great time riding up into Alpine then down South Grade to Harbison Canyon and back to my car. That is the farthest I have ridden a bike since 1983 . . .


No comments: